Guacamole is a staple in our house. I've been eating it ever since I was little having grown up in Southern California. This is a simple recipe that my mom taught me. There's nothing special about it and I'm pretty sure it's the most common way to make it. There's no fancy ingredients either, just the essentials. If you use just these, it will turn out delicious every time.
This is for one serving:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 slices of lime (may need more)
- 4 cherry tomato
- sea salt
- Cut the avocado in half, take out the pit using the method in the second photo with the knife.
- Scoop out the avocado and put into a bowl.
- Mash up the avocado until it gets a slightly creamy consistency. I prefer my guacamole somewhat chunky, so I don't mash it up too much.
- Chop the onions and the tomatoes. Add both to the bowl and stir.
- Squeeze the lime slices into the mixture and add a couple of small dashes of salt.
- Mix it up.
- Taste it to see if you need any more lime or salt and add as needed. Just a little at a time, because you don't want it to get over salted.
I use this guacamole on salad, with chips, with huevos rancheros and a ton of other stuff. I can't get enough of it. It's a great does of healthy fat too so it's filling, perfect for when you're craving something heavy.
Things are getting down to the nitty gritty with the wedding. I can't believe it's so soon. All the details are getting done now which feels awesome. I actually feel less stressed the closer we get, thank god...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Honestly I think it's going to turn out just as we wanted. A huge thanks to Athan's mom who has been on almost every appointment with us.
I want to thank you, my readers, for all the positive feedback from my Journey to Wellness series. You guys are so supportive and sweet. Getting those comments mean the world to me, I'm not kidding. I've decided that I'm going to package those posts together including my unwritten Part 4 portion into an ebook. The ebook will be available for free with the launch of my new newsletter. I've been wanting to do this for a long long time. The launch will be sometime in early September, but I will keep you guys posted with an exact date. Besides Part 4 the ebook will contain some extra bits about my road to wellness that I didn't include here on the blog.
Welllll...I need to run. Have a super hectic day and want to be able to make it to yoga and the beach too ;) Hope everyone had a great weekend!