Okay...this salad the bomb diggity. Do people even say that anymore? Probably not, but that's what comes to mind when I think of this salad (embarassing, yes, I know). It has the three components that I need in a good salad: healthy, filling (I hate still feeling hungry after eating a big salad) and delicious of course. Now, I'm not very stoked about how my photos came out, they just don't do it justice...but believe me, it's completely satisfying.
This recipe uses my simple yet awesome guacamole that I posted earlier this week. It kind of reminds me of a taco salad, but without the meat or tortilla. It still has that Mexican flavor that I love though. Here's the other thing, you know how most chopped salads usually have lots of sliced deli meats like salami and ham? Well, as someone who doesn't eat meat, I pretty much never order them when I'm out for that reason. However, this vegetarian Mexican chopped salad fills that void. Of course, if you like meat, feel free to add some to this salad (only organic and free range, right? ...right).
For one serving:
Click here for the guacamole recipe.
- 2 cups of chopped green cabbage
- 4 big kale leaves
- 1/3 cup of red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 spanish green olives
- Olive oil
- Make guacamole first and set aside while you make the rest of the salad.
- Roughly chop the cabbage into medium size pieces.
- Take your kale leaves and tear off pieces leaving the the stem. Add to the cabbage.
- Chop up the red onion and garlic, add to the bowl.
- Add olives.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and toss until it covers the whole salad.
- Add all of the guacamole on top and toss salad again.
- Once the guac covers the whole salad, it's ready to eat.
Super easy to make, huh? I could eat this for lunch or dinner and feel completely full. As usual, once I make something I like, I eat it all the time. I'll be making more versions of chopped salad in the near future too...
p.s. My email newsletter will be launching on September 4th. The newsletter will be like a personal letter from me featuring photos you won't see on the blog and any news regarding Bohemian Kate. I'm also adding a feature where I answer reader questions about homemade beauty, healthy living or anything else my readers want to ask. Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks!