I've been a little obsessed with pancakes lately. Ever since I made my mom's healthy pancake recipe, I've been thinking of different combinations to create since they're so easy. I've been thinking about this recipe for the last week and it contains some of my favorite flavors; honey, orange and cinnamon. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It actually kind of reminds me of a Greek pastry...very yummy. Since these pancakes are full of fiber as opposed to a typical pancake, they're very filling. I usually only need one for myself and I'm perfectly satisfied.
This recipe is for one serving.
- 1 orange
- stevia (a liquid herb used to add sweetness)
- raw honey
- 1/4 cup of ground oat bran
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- In a bowl add the egg, oat bran and coconut oil. Zest about half of the orange into the bowl and add 6 drops of stevia. Then add the juice from the half of the orange you just zested.
- Mix together everything until it's a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl we're going to the make the syrup. Zest the other half of the orange and then the juice. Add a couple of pinches of ground cinnamon, a teaspoon of raw honey and 3 drops of stevia. Mix until the honey has dissolved into the syrup.
- Add the pancake batter to a pan over medium heat. Let it lightly brown on one side, then flip over onto the other side and do the same.
- Place onto a plate and spread the raw honey all over the top.
- Drizzle the syrup on top of the honey.
- Take a big bite and enjoy all the sweetness.
This is the perfect breakfast to enjoy over the weekend. Eat it while you're catching up with the news, enjoying the morning sunshine or listening to one of your favorite vinyls like I did this morning.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to three birthday parties the last three days so I'm pretty wiped out. Looking forward to vegging on the couch and watching Mad Men right now. Good night! ;)