Life has been so busy lately and last night I decided I was in a desperate need of relaxation and doing nothing. Of course, knowing myself, I can't just sit and do nothing...so I decided to make this mask, and then relax. Luckily it only took a couple minutes to make and then I was able to sink into the couch, close my eyes and enjoy this soothing facial. I also decided that I needed to do this more often!
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 dash of grounded lavender
- Ground the lavender with a mortar and pestle.
- In a little bowl or ramekin, add the coconut oil, honey, olive oil and lavender...
- Mix together.
- Apply to your face and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently rinse off with water. I didn't wash my face after since it felt so soft and smooth already. If you feel like your skin is too oily, wash it with the same honey you used in the mask.
* Just one word about using lavender. Even though lavender is a very gentle herb, if you use too much on your skin it may become irritated if you have sensitive skin. Just use a small dash to start out with and see how your skin feels. Leave it on for no more than 15 minutes and when you rinse it off, don't scrub your face. The right amount should leave your skin feeling super soft and slightly tingly.
The lavender in this mask will make you want to fall asleep right away and is a perfect way to de-stress after a long day. The olive oil, coconut oil and lavender is available at one of my favorite stores and affliliate sponsor Mountain Rose Herbs. Enjoy!