This is a really easy project to do to add a little ambiance to any room in your house. Plus, you're recycling your old jars, so it's cheap, eco friendly and neat....
What you'll need:
- A recycled jar with all the stickers peeled off.
- Tissue paper (any color or colors that you want).
- Glue and water.
- A brush to paint the glue on.
- First step is to get the label off your reused jar. I used an olive jar that I had just finished. First wash out the inside of the jar. Then pour some olive oil onto a paper towel and wipe over the label. Make sure the label is pretty soaked with the oil. Let it sit for a couple hours until it comes right off. Then wash whatever stickiness is left over with warm soapy water.
- Take your tissue paper and cut into little petals that will fit on the jar.
- In a paper or plastic cup, mix together a little glue and water. Probably 1 part glue to 3 parts water. You want the mixture to be pretty watery and not opaque. Also, a little bit goes a long way, so you won't need much.
- I put the jar in my lap while I painted on the petals with the glue. It was just easier for me that way. Just take one petal at a time and paint on the jar in a flower design that you like. I put one on each side.
- Let it dry (shouldn't take too long) and then place a tea light in the jar. Light and enjoy!