My very first skincare post! I love making my own skincare products for a couple of reasons. Number one being that I know exactly what goes into it and that it's safe for my skin. Number two, it's cheap! I use the same ingredients that I use to cook with (aside from the essential oils), so I pretty much have everything I need already in my kitchen. This is my brown sugar orange essence facial scrub and it smells so good you could eat it.
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Brown Sugar
- Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oils
- Organic Vanilla Absolute
- Sterilize the jar by letting it sit in boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- Once the jar is cooled off, spoon in the brown sugar until the jar is almost full.
- Pour in the olive oil until it covers the brown sugar.
- Add a couple drops of the vanilla absolute and the sweet orange oil, then mix.
So I use this facial scrub every other day or every day, it just depends how my skin feels. Afterwards, your skin will feel like you just had a facial, I am not kidding you. You're skin will be still be oily after your rinse off the scrub, so I always wash my face with honey afterwards. Also, I rarely need to apply any moisturizer after this as well because it leaves your skin super super soft. I love it and I hope you do to! Enjoy...